You’re stuck on an old OS (Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP; it works on Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 but there’s not point since these two already includes IIS 7.5) and you really need to test your application with a IIS 7.5?
No problem, Microsoft did it for you! Ok, it’s a 32 bit version only; but the effort has to be mentionned.
IIS 7.5 Express enhances your ability to develop and test web applications on Windows by combining the power of IIS 7.5 with the convenience of a lightweight web server like the ASP.NET Development Server (also known as Cassini). IIS 7.5 Express is included withMicrosoft WebMatrix, an integrated suite of tools designed to make developing web applications on Windows simple and seamless. IIS 7.5 Express can also be used with Visual Studio 2010 as a powerful alternative to Cassini. The benefits of using IIS 7.5 Express include:
- The same web server that runs on your production server is now available on your development computer.
- Most tasks can be done without the need for administrative privileges.
- IIS 7.5 Express runs on Windows XP and all later versions of Windows.
- Many users can work independently on the same computer.
This package installs only IIS 7.5 Express. For an integrated development experience, also install Microsoft WebMatrix or Visual Studio 2010.
- Supported operating systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- .NET Framework 4.0
Click the Download button on this page to start the download, and then do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.
Q: Ok, I definitely want it. Where is it?
A: Right there! http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=1038
> IIS 7.5 Express FAQ
> IIS 7.5 Express Readme